Interesting tools, content, and companies to help you understand gender bias and to see examples of how it is already being taken into consideration.
- Microsoft's Inclusive Design Guide
- Handbook for Gender-Inclusive Urban Planning and Design
- Stanford's gender in design website explores the role of gender and sex in design illustrated by examples and case studies.
- Stanford's Gendered Innovations website provides extensive information on the role of gender and sex in science, health and medicine, engineering and environment. This website also provides case studies and guidelines.
- Inholland’s Inclusive Tourism Lab provides guidance for inclusive design.
- TU Delft’s DINED provides designers with anthropometric data, that they can use to design inclusive products.
Inspiring content on gender bias and inclusive design
- An episode on gender bias by the 99% Invisible podcast
- MTV did a campaign to bring awareness to gender bias
- This article of NPO disciusses how to recognize your preconceptions
- A BBC videoseries that discusses the effects of gender stereotyping on children. Episode 1 and Episode 2
- This website about an exhibition in the 'Tropen Museum' in Amsterdam, which discusses the meaning of gender.